International Women's Day Breakfast
SAME will host a breakfast in honor of International Women's Day on March 10, 2016 at 8:00 am. Our first woman president, Jane Penny, P.E., F.SAME, AECOM, will moderate a panel of distinguished guests, covering topics that include, but are not limited to:
- issues facing women in the A/E/C industry
- work/life balance
- SAME's effort to narrow the gender gap starting with our youth
- the importance of mentorship
- how to promote and increase gender diversity in the workplace
Panelists currently include:
- Vice Adm. Sandra Stosz, USCG
- Brig. Gen. Diana Holland, USA
- Rear Adm. Kate Gregory, USN (Ret.)
- Suzanne DiGeronimo, RA, FAIA, F.SAME, DiGeronimo, P.C.
- Gita Murthy, Ph.D., F.SAME, CEO, RORE, Inc.
- Col. Stuart Harrison, P.E., CFM, F.SAME, USA (Ret.), AECOM
You should attend this breakfast if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You are a woman.
- You work with a woman.
- You work for a woman.
- A woman works for you.
- You have at least one daughter.
- You mentor a woman (formally or informally).
- You know a woman.
This discussion will benefit men and women in the workplace and in the industry. Cost is $25. This item is included on the registration form for all events. If you registered prior to the event being added or you would like to attend as a non-member, please send an e-mail to Kathy Off, firstname.lastname@example.org to add it to your record. A buffet breakfast will be served.