For inquires about exhibit booth sales, payments, exhibitor services, other logistical or general questions about the Education Expo, please contact Anna O'Hara, Expo Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-783-3710.
For questions regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Cassandra Ingham, Business Development Manager, at email@example.com or 518-783-3726.
All advertising inquires should be directed to Anna O'Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-783-3710.
The Expo dates and hours are:
Thursday, October 29, 2020: 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday, October 30, 2020: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Below is a list of NYSSBA's authorized vendors for our 2020 Annual Convention & Education Expo.
Rest assured, NYSSBA does not sell or provide your company contact information to any company than those listed below. However, due to the fact that your company information is available through the website, there are some unauthorized contractors that will capture and use this information. These contractors will often use NYSSBA's name to "remind you" that you haven't ordered a specific service, offer to help you find housing or sell you an attendee list.
Official Service Contractor: Fern Expo
Housing: New York Hilton Midtown (host hotel) and the Sheraton New York Times Square (more information will be found on our Convention Housing/Travel webpage in Spring of 2020.)
Internet & Electric: PSAV
Audio Visual: PSAV
Attendee List: NYSSBA (free with booth or sponsorship fee)
Lead Retrieval: Boomset
Your booth comes with:
- Standard 8'' high draped back wall, 3'' high draped side rails, 7" x 44" ID signage, 6'' long skirted table, two (2) chairs and a wastebasket.
- Up to four (4) full Convention registrations for employees from your company for your first booth, two (2) additional full Convention registrations are allowed for each additional booth.
- A 40-word description printed in the Convention Program (subject to deadline), in the Convention App and online.
- Admission to breaks and meal functions on the expo floor.
- A mailing list of pre-registered attendees available approximately 30 days before and after Convention (includes name, title, organizational and mailing address - no email addresses are included.)
- A one-year subscription to On Board, NYSSBA’s award-winning newspaper published and mailed 17 times per year to more than 10,000 subscribers.
- A one-year subscription to E-Clips, our daily education news clipping service providing links to state and national news outlets, sent to 8,000+ subscribers.
- Exclusive member pricing for NYSSBA events and products for one year.
Your booth does NOT comes with the below but can be ordered through the Exhibitor Service Kit:
- Lead Retrieval
The dress code is business casual to business professional.
You do have the opportunity to speak at the Annual Convention & Education Expo.
You will need to submit your presentations through our Call for Presentations and will be subject to the same eligibility requirements as other submitters.
If your company is a commercial enterprise, you will be required to become a paid exhibitor in the Education Expo as a condition of acceptance of your proposal. If you cancel your exhibit space, your session will also be cancelled.
The Call is open from the end of November to the end of January. When open, the submission form can be found in the top menu of this website.
The Exhibitor Service Center is where you can do any or all of the following. Please note that some items may not be available currently but their availability will be noted on the login page.
If you can't remember your password, email Anna O'Hara at email@example.com.
- Pay for your reserved booth online
- Update your Exhibitor listing for the Convention Program (subject to deadline), App and online
- Access the Exhibitor Services Kit
- Register your booth staff
- Download your complimentary one-use only attendee lists
- Pre-registered: approximately 30 prior to Convention
- Registered: approximately 30 after Convention
Your booth fee includes two (2) one-time-use-only attendee lists provided by NYSSBA via the Exhibitor Service Center.
1) Pre-registered attendees: available approximately 30 prior to Convention
2) Registered attendees: available approximately 30 after Convention
Note: Per NYSSBA Board of Directors policy names, titles and district addresses only, no email addresses are provided.
NYSSBA requires all exhibitors to prove a Certificate of Insurance with the below specifications. View our 2020 Rules & Regulations for specifics.
- The name of the exhibiting company (if a DBA, please include as "additional remarks, if needed.")
- Policy effective dates to cover our event dates (October 29-31, 2020).
- Additional insured and subrogation coverage:
- Check either the ADDL INSR & SUBR WVD columns in the general liability row, OR
- The Description of Operations box should say: “NYSSBA, its directors, officers, employees, and volunteers, are named as additional insured on a primary and noncontributory basis. A waiver of subrogation is included as required by written contract.”
- The Certificate Holder box should say: New York State School Boards Association, Inc., Attn: Expo Manager, 24 Century Hill Dr., Suite 200, Latham, NY 12110.
- Please share this information and our sample Certificate with your insurance agent and/or legal department.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Anna O'Hara via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, 518-783-3710.
The Exhibitor Service Kit (available Spring 2020) will be found by logging into the Exhibitor Service Center and selecting "Exhibitor Service Kit" from the Service Centers drop-down menu.
The New York Hilton Midtown does not allow shipments directly to the show site. Please ship all booth materials to our General Service Contractor, Fern Expo, using the forms in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
The Exhibitor Service Manual (available Spring 2020) can be found by logging into the Exhibitor Service Center.
Materials handling, also known as drayage, is charged in 100 lb increments, referred to as cwt, is rounded up to the next 100 lbs and consists of:
- Receipt of your materials at the show's advance warehouse
- Storage at the show's advance warehouse
- Delivery of your materials to your booth at the show site
- Storage of empty containers at show site
- Return of shipping boxes to your booth at the end of show
Material Handling/Drayage should not be confused with the cost to transport your exhibit material directly to the show warehouse.