The 37th Annual NSH Symposium/Convention
The NSH Symposium/Convention is the event for histotechnologists to discover new methods, share best practices and preview the latest industry vendors have to offer. Your career is our passion. The National Convention has the education and access to industry experts that help you succeed. You might even have a little fun.
Symposium Dates: September 16-21, 2011
Scientific Exhibits: September 18-20, 2011
Sessions & Scientific Exhibits will take place in the Duke Energy Convention Center, 525 Elm Street, Cincinnati, OH, 45202. NSH has reserved rooms at the Hyatt Regency, Millennium Hotel and the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza.
Who Should Attend
- Lab Supervisors/Managers
- Histotechs/Cytotechs in Clinical, Veterinary and Research Settings
- Students interested in a Histology Career
- Histology/Histotechnology Teachers
- Anyone involved in the collection, processing and evaluation of tissue samples
Unique Learning Opportunities
Workshops - In depth educational sessions given by industry leaders covering all aspects of histology. Sessions run 90 minutes, 3 hours (half-day) or 6 hours (full-day).
Computer Workshops - Hands-on workshops held in the Computer Lab. Attendees will have access to the use of a computer to enhance the learning experience. To enhance the experience and access to the instructor attendance is limited.
Wet-Workshops - Hands-on workshops held with the purpose of demonstrating a technique or process. Participants work with and are exposed to equipment, specimens, chemicals and reagents. To enhance the experience and access to the instructor attendance is limited.
Lecture Series – Gain a global perspective on the science and industry by attending the Sunday and Monday lectures for no additional cost!
Workshop Subject Tracks So You Can Select a Program That Works for You
Clinical vs. Veterinary/Industry/Research(VIR) – All workshops are first identified as a Clinical or VIR focus and then placed in one of our subject tracks. If the session is applicable for techs working in either arena it will be labeled “Both”.
- Career Development - Topics related to histotechnology training/certification and computer techniques
- IHC - Topics related to immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and related procedures
- Leadership - Topics for those working in or seeking to increase their knowledge in management and communication
- Molecular – Topics related to molecular pathology including ISH, CISH, and FISH
- Regulations – Topics covering government regulations, quality assurance/control & improvement
- Safety - Topics concerning lab safety procedures and personal safety measures including ergonomics -
- Specialties - Topics related to a histology/pathology niche including Mohs, EM, Array’s, Laser Capture Microscopy, Flow Cytometry and more
- Techniques & Fundamentals - Topics related to histotechnology methods, techniques and theory including troubleshooting, stain methods, lab techniques, gross pathology, equipment and refresher topics