Use Lips and Ears to Avoid Flips and Fears
Attend this course in person or watch the live stream!
Presented by Dr. Brad Guyton
If a tree falls in the woods and there is no one there to hear it, will it make a sound? If that tree was a team member or a patient, would you be the one to listen? In this workshop, we will dive into straightforward strategies that will help us not only become better communicators and listeners with both patients and teams but also help us resolve conflict. The old mantra of “a message sent needs to be received for it to be effective” still reigns true today.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the two parts of a message
- Use active listening skills when dealing with conflict
- Deploy appropriate communication tactics and de-escalate emotions to have a positive resolution that leave valuable relationships unharmed
- Describe your own personal areas of strength and opportunity in communication
- Define best practices in handling different communication styles and conflict resolution
- Discover ways to leverage these techniques with both dental team members and patients to be able to resolve conflict quickly and effectively
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2021
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm (Dinner from 6:00pm-6:30pm)
$29 CDA/MDDS Member
$29 CDA/MDDS Member Team
$39 Non-CDA/MDDS Member
$39 Non-CDA/MDDS Member Team
CE Credits: 1.5
Format: Lecture – in-person or via live stream
Cancellation Deadline: November 26, 2021
This course is held in partnership with Delta Dental of Colorado
Cancellations will be accepted and are entitled to a refund provided they are received at MDDS by the cancellation deadline. Refunds will not be given for cancellations after the cancellation deadline.
For your convenience, we have free parking in two retail garages within the Beauvallon building (east-facing side). Both garages are accessed from Lincoln Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. Parking in these garages is available on a first-come, first-served basis. **If you are attending a large course/event at the MWDI, we recommend arriving early in case the garages fill and alternative parking must be secured. Be aware - the garages come up quickly after you cross 9th Avenue and both have left lane entrances. All numbered spaces within both retail parking garages (without "Reserved" signs) are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Do not park in any spaces with a red sign that says "Matrix" or “KCNC.” Do not park in the residential parking. Residential garages are at the back of the retail garages. The north and south garages are not connected. Both have open parking available.