Ready to enter the laser world? Have an “unused” laser in the closet?
Give your practice a boost by harnessing laser technology with a positive result that manages effectively day-to-day periodontal to soft tissue patient conditions. Dr. Low shows you how to choose the right laser and apply simple techniques that result in precision, controlled bleeding, accelerated healing, reduced post-operative issues, shorter procedure time and a more relaxed experience for the patient. He presents procedures including non-surgical periodontics (laser bacterial reduction, curettage) frenectomy, gingivectomy, restorative troughing, biopsy, fibroma removal, implant uncovering and TMD bio-stimulation with consideration of coding and patient acceptance.
Experience direct hands-on activity with diode lasers on a variety of models including a pig jaw. Dr. Low works with you, providing insight into each procedure in a step-by-step fashion to instill confidence when you return to the practice. A Waterlase also will be available for hands-on activities.
The course is designed for both dental hygienists and dentists and complies with standards for laser certification which will be awarded with successful examination completion.
- Investigate laser utilization including wavelengths and respective techniques (Review laser physics and safety)
- Determine the appropriate laser equipment for the individual practice
- Understand indications for using laser in crown lengthening and pre -orthodontic procedures including esthetics
- Consider case reports demonstrating success along with clear contraindications.
- Develop techniques for incorporating laser into a dental practice considering patient acceptance, third party coding
- Differentiate laser technologies for periodontal indications (surgical and non-surgical) (Laser bacterial reduction LBR, curettage, and low-level laser therapy LLLT)
- Develop post-operative evaluation protocols assessing wound healing
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided on Friday. Continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday.
Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24, 2020
8:00am - 5:00pm Friday
8:00am - 12:00pm Saturday
Mountain West Dental Institute
925 Lincoln Street, Unit B
Denver, CO 80203
$425 MDDS Member - SOLD OUT
$425 MDDS Member Staff - SOLD OUT
$525 Non-MDDS Member - SOLD OUT
$525 Non-MDDS Member Staff - SOLD OUT
CE Credits: 8 - Friday; 4 - Saturday
Registration Deadline: October 12, 2020
Cancellation Deadline: October 16, 2020
For your convenience, we have free parking in two retail garages within the Beauvallon building (east-facing side). Both garages are accessed from Lincoln Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. Parking in these garages is available on a first-come, first-served basis. ** If you are attending a large course/event at the MWDI, we recommend arriving early in case the garages fill and alternative parking must be secured. Be aware - the garages come up quickly after you cross 9th Avenue and both have left lane entrances. All numbered spaces within both retail parking garages (without 'Reserved' signs) are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Do not park in any spaces with a red sign that says "Matrix" or “KCNC.” Do not park in the residential parking. Residential garages are at the back of the retail garages. The north and south garages are not connected. Both have open parking available. Click here for the parking map.