Hands-on Dental Laser Certification
Utilize Today's Dental Lasers in Managing Periodontal/Soft Tissue Conditions
Presented by Dr. Sam Low
Ready to enter the laser world? Have an “unused” laser in the closet?
Give your practice a boost by harnessing laser technology with a positive result that effectively manages day-to-day periodontal to soft tissue patient conditions. Dr. Low shows you how to choose the right laser and apply simple techniques that result in precision, controlled bleeding, accelerated healing, reduced post-operative issues, shorter procedure time and a more relaxed patient experience. He presents procedures including non-surgical periodontics (laser bacterial reduction, curettage), frenectomy, gingivectomy, restorative troughing, biopsy, fibroma removal, implant uncovering and TMD bio-stimulation with consideration of coding and patient acceptance.
Experience direct hands-on activity with several lasers on a variety of models, including a hog jaw. Dr. Low works with you, providing insight into each procedure in a step-by-step fashion to instill confidence when you return to the practice.
This course is designed for both dental hygienists and dentists and meets the certification requirements for the Academy of Laser Dentistry.
- Investigate laser utilization including wavelengths and respective techniques - laser physics and safety
- Determine the appropriate laser equipment for the individual practice
- Understand indications for using laser in crown lengthening and pre-orthodontic procedures including esthetics
- Consider case reports demonstrating success along with clear contraindications
- Develop techniques for incorporating laser into a dental practice considering patient acceptance and third-party coding
- Differentiate laser technologies for periodontal indications (surgical and non-surgical) – laser bacterial reduction LBR, curettage, and low-level laser therapy LLLT
- Develop post-operative evaluation protocols assessing wound healing
Continental breakfast and lunch provided on Friday; Continental breakfast provided on Saturday
Date: Friday, March 9 - Saturday, March 10, 2018
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm Friday
8:00am - 12:00pm Saturday
Location: Mountain West Dental Institute
925 Lincoln Street, Unit B
Denver, CO 80203
Rate: $395 MDDS Member - SOLD OUT
$495 Non-MDDS Member - SOLD OUT
CE Credits: 8 - Friday; 4 - Saturday
Cancellation Deadline: March 2, 2018
Registration Deadline: March 6, 2018
For your convenience, we have free parking in two retail garages within the Beauvallon building (east-facing side). Both garages are accessed from Lincoln Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. Parking in these garages is available on a first-come, first-served basis. ** If you are attending a large course/event at the MWDI, we recommend arriving early in case the garages fill and alternative parking must be secured. Be aware - the garages come up quickly after you cross 9th Avenue and both have left lane entrances. All numbered spaces within both retail parking garages (without 'Reserved' signs) are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Do not park in any spaces with a red sign that says "Matrix" or “KCNC.” Do not park in the residential parking. Residential garages are at the back of the retail garages. The north and south garages are not connected. Both have open parking available.