2014 EAPA Annual Awards Call for Nominations
Accepting Award Nominations through July 11!
Each year at the Annual World EAP Conference, the Employee Assistance Professionals Association (EAPA) recognizes and celebrates the achievement of members, individuals and organizations who have distinguished themselves through their work and leadership in EAPA and the employee assistance profession. EAPA Awards salute outstanding achievements in a number of different categories.
Submitting a Nomination:
Please read the following instructions carefully. It is important to read the eligibility and selection criteria for each award before completing the online nomination form.
1. Prepare nomination documentation:
- There is a separate online form for each award category. Each form contains the minimum criteria that qualify an individual or organization to receive the award.
- When completing the award nomination form, respond to each qualifying criterion and, where appropriate, include specific events, projects, activities, etc. that support the nomination.
- Each award is required to have two (2) separate nominations in order to be considered by the Awards Committee. Do not fill out a nomination form until you have identified a second nominator.
- For those awards that require it, verify EAPA membership by contacting EAPA at 703-387-1000, ext. 334 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Membership can also be verified online at www.eapassn.org. CEAP status can be verified by contacting EAPA at 703-387-1000, ext. 311 or via email to email@example.com. Certification can also be verified online at www.eapassn.org.
2. Submit nomination form online no later than July 11. Click on Award titles below for submission form(s).
3. Review and notification process:
- The Awards Committee verifies eligibility and qualifications upon receipt of the nomination.
- The Awards Committee reviews all eligible and qualified nominees and evaluates each nomination against the criteria for the award and in comparison with the other nominations.
- The Awards Committee submits its recommendations to the EAPA Board of Directors for approval of its selections.
- Following Board approval at the July meeting, the Awards Committee notifies both the award winner and the nominator(s).
- Award notifications will be sent no later than August 4, 2014.
- Award recipients will receive the Early Bird registration rate regardless of when they register to attend the conference. In addition, recipients will receive one additional ticket to attend the Awards Luncheon at no additional charge.
2014 EAPA Awards:
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Honors an EAPA member or an individual who has made a significant contribution to EAPA and the EA profession over an extended period of time.
- EAP Quality Award - honors an EA Program that demonstrates adherence to the EAPA Standards and Guidelines for EA Programs and includes an exemplary continuous quality improvement component.
- Ross Von Wiegand Award - Honors a joint labor/management EAP that exemplifies exceptional cooperation and working relationship.
- John J. Hennessy Award - Honors an EAPA member who exemplifies leadership in the employee assistance profession and has contributed significantly to labor/peer assistance programs.
- Emeritus Member Status - Honorary membership category. The individual must be retired from any active paid EA work and have served EAPA in at least two elected or appointed positions at the chapter, branch, or international level. Maximum of two can be awarded in any year.
Questions about the EAPA awards, nominations process, or the 2014 Annual World EAP Conference may be directed to:
Marina London, Manager, Web Services, at 703-387-1000 Ext 350 or firstname.lastname@example.org