2020 ATD Data & Analytics Summit
Dismantling Barriers and Biases
Register today for the 2020 ATD Data & Analytics Summit, to be held October 19-22, 2020.
Scholarships available to Attend the Data & Analytics Summit! See below for information.
Leading the nation’s most comprehensive non-governmental reform movement for student success gives Achieving the Dream a unique perspective. More than 16 years of experience guiding more than 270 community colleges enables ATD to study, share, and support institutions in implementing solutions designed to close equity gaps and dismantle barriers so all students succeed.
One solution is the strategic use of data and analytics.
ATD’s 2020 Data & Analytics Summit, held virtually this fall, focuses on dismantling barriers and biases, which often promote inequities inadvertently and hide in institutional processes.
The seventh annual Summit will bring together hundreds of higher education professionals and other national experts who are shaping the solutions to advance equity in education.
This four-day live virtual event engages participants through carefully curated general sessions, an innovation showcase, networking opportunities, and pre-summit workshops focused on disaggregating data to understand your students, uncovering hidden biases, and breaking down structural barriers.
- Building capacity to support a culture of inquiry and evidence for data-informed decision-making
- Disaggregating student and institutional data to understand your students and the barriers impeding equitable experiences and outcomes
- Student Success from an appreciative, asset-based lens
- Using data to advance equity in strategic enrollment management, student learning, and student supports
- Using labor market data to design career pathways that lead to economic and social mobility
- Evaluating the impact of reforms and analyzing data for continuous improvement
What you’ll experience:
- A program track for Tribal College and University attendees
- Meet the Expert sessions hosted by presenters after each general session
- The Innovation Showcase to see examples of data use in practice
- College & Coach Connect time with ATD coaches to reflect on summit sessions and identify actions to advance your work
- Demos of data tools such as the Postsecondary Data Partnership Dashboards and the ATD Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool
- Sponsored Sip beverage breaks and sessions to learn about data and technology solutions that build analytic capacity
- Virtual literature circles to discuss books with like-minded peers, build community and share experiences to deepen understanding
- One-on-one and small group networking opportunities and meet-ups
Who will be there:
- Representatives from two- and four-year institutions who want to learn how to use data for better decisions and better student outcomes including senior leaders, faculty, students, and professionals who work in Institutional Research; Institutional Effectiveness; Information Technology; Academic Affairs; Student Affairs; and in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Representatives from foundations, corporations, and nonprofit organizations who work to support institutions in achieving equitable student outcomes at scale
- Representatives from Achieving the Dream and from the coaching cadre
What attendees are saying:
“This was simply one of the best conferences I've attended. It was smaller, more focused, and personal than most. The content was presented in a clear manner that made the concepts actionable. It was worth every penny.”
“The Summit was an amazing professional opportunity to connect with others from my own college and to those from other places.”
“The Plenary sessions were amazing and thought provoking, whereas the pre-conference and concurrent sessions were application-focused---the perfect mix!”
View the complete agenda here.
Registration Fees: $299 per attendee for ATD Network Colleges, $375 per attendee from colleges or organizations not in the ATD Network. Teams of three or more receive a 10% discount (automatically added at checkout when registering three or more people at the same time). $69 per student attendee (in or out-of-network college).
Note: Pre-conference sessions require an additional fee.
Optional Pre-Conference Workshops
(Monday, October 19, 2020)
Pre-conference sessions require a separate fee to participate (outside of your summit registration).
ATD Network College attendee per session: $49
Non-ATD Network College attendee per session: $79
Student per session: $39
Morning Pre-Conference Sessions:
11:00 am - 2:00 pm: StudentTracker Data: A Hands-on Workshop for TCU Data Users and Decision Makers (for TCUs Only)
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Leading Indicators: A Look into the Future
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Surviving Disruption with Data Governance
11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Constructing an Effective Ethics Training for Appropriate and
Dynamic Use of Advising Analytics
Afternoon Pre-Conference Sessions:
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Answering the Call for Better Data: The Postsecondary Data Partnership
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm: How to Tell a Story with Data
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Qualitative Research Methods: A Focus on Diagnosis
Cancellations received after October 9, 2020 are subject to a $75 administrative fee. Substitution requests may be submitted in writing to email@example.com by EOB Friday, October 9 and will be confirmed via return e-mail.
We look forward to seeing you virtually! For more information, see the list of FAQs here.
Scholarships to Attend the Data & Analytics Summit
Active ATD Network institutions: Through the Ascendium Education Fund Practitioner Fellowship, active ATD network institutions may apply to receive one complimentary full registration (excluding pre-conferences) to the Data & Analytics Summit if the college serves a student population with a high percentage (40% +) of Pell grant recipients. Please note that Tribal Colleges and Universities are not eligible for this funding source. To be considered for the fellowship, please apply here by September 28th. Funds are limited -- please apply early as grants will be awarded to individuals from eligible institutions on a first-come, first-served basis.
Active ATD Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs): Through Project Success, TCUs receive two complimentary summit and preconference registrations (for the same persons). Please note that there is a PDP session specifically for TCUs on Tuesday, October 20th, separate from the PDP preconference workshop on October 19th. (TCUs do not need to attend both). ATD will send TCU Presidents and Data Team Leaders the complimentary registration codes by September 8th. If a TCU is interested in having more than two persons attend the ATD Data and Analytics Summit, they should reach out to Cindy Lopez, Director of Tribal College and University Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 ATD Data & Analytics Summit Sponsors
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event. Please contact Khalisa Jacobs at email@example.com or call 240-450-3815. More information is available in this sponsorship brochure.
Join the conversation during and after the event! Use the hashtag #ATDAnalytics and #ATDDataSummit on social media.