2019 ATD Teaching and Learning Summit
This event has SOLD OUT!
We anticipate that we may be able to add a small number of attendees. To be placed on the waitlist, please email Jon Iuzzini, Director of Teaching and Learning, at JIuzzini@achievingthedream.org.
Building a Culture of Teaching & Learning Excellence for Student Success
How do we ensure that every students’ academic experiences are equitable, accessible, and relevant?
What is possible when full-time and adjunct faculty use inclusive, evidence-based instructional practices to engage students and foster their learning? How can faculty engage as key collaborators in the college’s student success efforts?
Join us for ATD’s inaugural Teaching and Learning Summit to explore how colleges can create a culture of teaching and learning excellence for student success. Our Summit is uniquely designed to support institutional teams of four or more in examining classroom-based practices and designing an action-based strategy for implementing instructional models that support students to succeed and achieve their academic and professional goals. This event is designed for institutional teams of faculty, faculty developers, and academic affairs leaders to focus their work in one of three key areas and engage in highly interactive sessions and team planning time:
- Open Educational Resources: Beyond Cost
- Guided Pathways: Ensuring Students Are Learning
- Culturally Responsive Practices: Leveraging Knowledge for Equity
- Adaptive Courseware for Early Success (By Invitation only: Every Learner Everywhere)
In each of these threads, participants will work with expert facilitators to build or enhance their classroom-based reforms as they learn:
- Active, accessible, and empowering instructional practices to foster student learning and success.
- Implementation strategies to scale high impact pedagogy across the institution.
- How Centers for Teaching & Learning (and other faculty professional development units) can be leveraged to support deep implementation of classroom-based reforms.
- Resources and tools they can apply to effectively execute on their plans and integrate this work with other student success initiatives.
- How to build strong, authentic collaborations between academic affairs and student affairs to bolster student success.
2019 Teaching and Learning Summit Sponsors
ATD Colleges: $695 per attendee. Click here to see if your institution is an ATD College.
Non-ATD Colleges: $850 per attendee.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event.
Please contact Khalisa Jacobs, Director, Development at email@example.com
or call 240-450-3815. Sponsorship brochure is available for download here.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, ATD meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant or attendees’ image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions and audiotapes of such events and activities by ATD and other third parties, including but not limited to the venue, the host city and the host partner.
We look forward to seeing you in Minneapolis!
The Marquette Hotel