Call for Presentations Online Submission Form
Click the START button below to submit an abstract.
This is a combined Call for Presentations for the ATIA 2011 Chicago and ATIA 2012 Orlando Conferences.
UPDATE: The submission deadline has been extended to Friday, May 6, 2011
ATIA 2011 Chicago
November 2 - 5, 2011
Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center
Schaumburg (Chicago), Illinois
ATIA 2012 Orlando
January 25 - 28, 2012
Caribe Royale All-Suites
Resort & Convention Center
ATIA is holding a combined Call for Presentations for two conferences for a period of two months to enable speakers to submit abstracts for one OR both conferences.
Who should submit? ATIA welcomes abstracts on the uses of assistive technology in a wide variety of settings - school, home, recreation, rehabilitation, university and workplace - from an equally wide group of qualified individuals including: AT professionals, educators, individuals with disabilities and family members of individuals with disabilities, OTs, PTs, RTs, researchers, SLPs, students and others engaged in the disability services field.
Abstracts should cover the use of assistive technology from a practitioner or user perspective and may be in the form of a case study, demonstration, implementation study, panel discussion, poster session, research paper or tips and techniques workshop.
How will it work? Speakers should submit abstracts and select if they are submitting for one of three choices:
* ATIA 2011 Chicago
* ATIA 2012 Orlando
* BOTH ATIA 2011 Chicago and ATIA 2012 Orlando
Abstracts are considered separately for each conference in order to develop a well-rounded and balanced educational program for each event. Please only select both conferences if you are confident you will be able to attend both conferences.
Directions for the Call for Presentations:
1. Please only submit two (2) abstracts per speaker per event.
2. Please take into consideration that our audiences have requested sessions targeted to an intermediate/advanced level when you are submitting. The ATIA Education Committee will consider Beginning level abstracts for a balanced educational program.
3. Please be aware that if your submission is selected, it may be sent to the following organizations for CEU approval: ACVREP, AOTA, ASHA and IACET. Pay special attention to the Key Learning Points section of the submission form as these are considered as part of the CEU approval process.
4. Speakers whose abstracts are selected may register for the conference at the discounted Speaker fee of $350 (onsite registration is $525) for the full three-day conference or for the day they present. In cases of financial hardship, speakers should notify ATIA Education they may not be able to present. Please note, in the case of not registering and non-notification, speakers may risk not being considered for future conferences.
By submitting an abstract, it is understood that the presentation may be scheduled at any time on any of the conference days at the discretion of the ATIA Education Committee.
ATIA conferences utilize a paper-free, online handout policy. Speakers should be prepared to upload handouts before the conference for attendees to review. Handouts are made available online for 3 months after the conference. Please note: speakers who do not provide handouts may risk not being considered for future conferences.
Please be sure to review your submission for spelling and typographical errors. Upon acceptance these submission will be used for printed materials. Please note: ATIA reserves the right to edit for consistency, length, format and grammar as necessary.
ATIA Exhibitors and ATIA Members: Please indicate if you are an ATIA Exhibitor or ATIA Member. This allows for easy identification of vendor sessions and priority scheduling.