Types of papers accepted:
Go to the Instructions for Authors to review the guidelines for each paper.
· Scientific paper presentations are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A during the program and should be a minimum of 600 words. Special attention will be given by the Scientific Review Committee to material with practical content or new information.
· “How to” papers are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A and are presented to describe and explain a technique or procedure used in veterinary medicine or the equine industry. The technique should be relatively new or not widely understood or used in practice. There is no word limit for “how to” papers.
· Review papers are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A and are presented for the purpose of updating the membership on a new subject or for gathering information that may be conflicting. Although a review paper does not necessarily contain original data, it is anticipated that the presenter will be someone with considerable experience in the field.
· Abstracts are limited to 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for Q&A. Authors who intend to publish in a refereed journal may submit an abstract no less than 250 words. All journals differ in word count limitations so be sure to check with the journal to which you intend to submit the long paper to make sure you’re not jeopardizing future publication. An abstract conforming to the AAEP guidelines to authors must also be submitted (for review purposes only) to allow the reviewers to assess the experimental design, materials and methods, statistical analyses, results (with graphs, tables, charts, etc.) and a discussion of the results as it pertains to interpretation and conclusions.
· The Practice of Business - Presentations are limited to 15 minutes each plus 5 minutes for Q&A during the program and should be a minimum of 600 words. The theme for 2022 is “Increasing Profitability in Your Practice”.
Click the Start button below to begin your submission.
Back to Top