Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please make sure you have viewed the website for valuable information regarding schedule, pricing, travel, lodging, parking, dress code and any attendance restrictions.
1. Can my colleague/boss/client/spouse attend the DOD Reception/Lunch without registering for the whole event?
Sorry, only registered attendees can participate in conference events. These events will not be sold as a la carte items.
2. I thought I was a member of SAME, but my name doesn’t show up in e-show when I try to register. Does this mean that I cannot register?
Uploads from the membership database to the registration database are done on a daily basis. If you registered today, you may need to wait 24 hrs to see your name pre-populate. It is up to the attendee to ensure that membership is up to date and accurate. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact the SAME Membership Department at 703-549-3800 ext. 121 or email@example.com.
3. Do I have to be an SAME member or register to attend the Academy of Fellows Investiture?
No, you do not have to be a member of SAME to attend the Academy of Fellows Investiture, nor do you have to register. Invested Fellows commonly invite friends, colleagues, and others to attend their Investiture. The Golden Eagle Reception & Banquet immediately following the Investiture is a paid event requiring registration.
4. Where do I send my check?
Checks for payment can be sent to:
SAME (Please specify event(s) and include copy of invoice or confirmation)
607 Prince Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
5. I registered for one of the events listed, but now would like to add another or add a guest. How can I get back into my registration?
You can change contact or demographic information on your registration by visiting the Attendee Service Center (ASC). Your login and password are listed in your confirmation. To add registration items or cancel any part of a registration, you must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. I registered for one of the events listed, but now I cannot attend. Can I get a refund or transfer to a colleague?
Cancellations will be accepted through March 9, 2012, and must be received in writing to email@example.com. Registration fees will be refunded in full minus a handling and processing charge of $25.00. SAME regrets that refunds cannot be issued after March 9, 2012, or for no-shows, except for deployed forces with official orders. You may transfer your registration to a colleague if circumstances prevent you from attending the conference. Since the DOD Briefings are for Members ONLY, your substitution must be an SAME Sustaining Member Representative or an Individual Member of SAME. To transfer your registration, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with full name, title, e-mail, and phone number of the person replacing the current registrant.