In This Section
Justification Toolkit: General Tips
Many travel budgets and training budgets have been slashed, and some of our members are experiencing severe financial restraints which means that regardless of the merits of a conference, you’ll probably need to justify the expense. So here are some things you might want to consider:
Remember, presenters save 25% off the published rates.
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learned. That way others in your unit will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the syllabus and speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers. In addition, audio cd’s are available onsite of presentations at a deeply discounted rate to our attendees. **Special Incentive: Register before December 3, 2011, and the entire educational audio session is provided to you at no charge!!
- If you are working to obtain or maintain your CAPP designation, remind your supervisor that this is a great way to earn certification hours or recertification credits and is less expensive than registering for separate conferences.
- It also requires less time away from the office.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the conference. Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses.
- Be sure to check out the registration page where all the various rates are listed to see if you qualify for any of the lower rates or discounts.